Sunday, June 28, 2009

Letting go

Today was a sad day in our house as we said goodbye to our Tai exchange student Lai. This got me thinking about how much I hate saying goodbye or just letting go of friends in general but this also seems to be an area of my life where God wants to work because it seems I am forced to let go of my friends more and more each day as they either go to college or start dating and more and more of there time gets consumed by other things and less is spent hanging out with me. It seems that this is God's way of telling me that I need to draw closer to Him so that while saying goodbye and letting go may still be hard I can do it knowing that I have a friend who I never have to say goodbye to or let go of and who is always there no matter where I am. This is what I see as God's new chalenge for my life to draw so close to Him that I can let go knowing that my best friend is always there. Sometimes I forget that and let the fact that all my friends are leaving or moving or dating or whatever and instead of being happy and excited for them I usually get depressed and think oh great I won't see them anymore or won't see them very often at least. I need to change my heart and learn that letting go is allright and that God will guide me through these times and that he has a perfect plan that I don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment